Pearl Izumi 24 Hours Cycling of Le Mans: Registrations are open
Where will you be the night from 25th to 26th August 2018? One thing's for sure, there will be many cycling fans to ride on the Le Mans circuit for the PEARL iZUMi 24 Hours Cycling 10th anniversary. Registrations are open to the first 520 teams since 21st November.
Bugatti Circuit 4185 meters / 2,6 miles long (Foto: 24h Le Mans)
- Details for this event
- Related news
Since 2009, one comes from far to ride the largest number of laps in 24 hours and to live the unique experience of a relay by night on the Bugatti circuit. Open to all in teams of 2, 4, 6 or 8 people, and even as a solo rider, more than 2100 riders are meeting up each year.
After the attendance record reached in 2017, when 500 teams took the start, the organizer will limit this year the participation to the first 520 registered teams, including a maximum of 100 singles and 50 pairs. A first time in the event history!
The objective declared by Romain Gasnal (CGO Événement) is clear: «The cohabitation is good because the track is wide (12 to 15m), and the six addional pits built in 2016 makes the paddock even more comfortable, but we want to control the attendance and thus guarantee the riders' comfort».
Many surprises are already in the boxes! The «Pasta Party» (Friday dinner) will be replaced by the «10 years Aperitif», which will precede a giant barbecue. Contestants will share a friendship drink before the weekend' rush.
Philippe Guillaume, Shimano France marketing manager, distributor of the Pearl Izumi brand (www.pearlizumi.com) continues: «Cycling is a matter of passion. What a better event than the 24 Hours Cycling to demonstrate it? In just a few years, the race has become a reference for cyclists looking for a unique experience. PEARL iZUMi is proud to be beside the 24 Hours Cycling to help them blow their 10 candles! And especially to accompany cyclists during these two clock turns, whether they have a competitor soul or they wish above all to live a great human adventure».
REGISTRATION NOW with a special rate until 28th February.
Discover the Bugatti Circuit from the sky thanks to drones
The PEARL iZUMi 24 Hours Cycling of Le Mans in numbers
- Informations and registration: www.24heuresvelo.fr/en
- 2018 24 Hours Cycling: 520 teams maximum at the the start (100 solos and 50 pairs maximum)
- 2017 participation: 2155 riders registered (497 teams)
- Foreign countries represented in 2017: Armenia, Australia, Belgium, Cyprus, Danemark, France, Germany, Spain, USA, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Russia, and Switzerland
- La Matinale Le Maine Libre: 1 hour ride on the circuit (from 12h00 to 1h00 pm). Registration on the spot : 10€.
- Bugatti circuit : 4185 meters - Uphill: 600 meters from 3, 5 % à 7 % - Downhill: 1000 meters on 2 %.
Artikel vom 14.12.2017
- Photos (17) alle anzeigen ...
Dutchs of team Sarto Endurance were the strongest this year (Foto: Le Mans 24h)
(Foto: Le Mans 24h)
fotocredit: thomas lodin
fotocredit: thomas lodin
Paynames team improve the race record (Foto: Le Mans 24h)
- Videos (2)
24 Heures Vélo Pearl Izumi 2017 - Le depart
24 Heures Vélo Pearl Izumi 2017 - Les 6 premières heures de course
- Abonniere den radmarathon.at Newsletter und wir informieren dich regelmäßig über die aktuellen Neuigkeiten und Termine!